Director, Service Delivery
Location: Emeryville, CA
The MedAmerica Team. We innovate using our diverse business, analytic, and communications skills to tackle the challenges of today's complex healthcare landscape. We reward excellence in our mission to enhance patient care across the health care continuum. We collaborate, cooperate, and celebrate our unique contributions because we know we can achieve more together than we can alone.
From our administrators and management consultants to our recruiters, data and financial analysts, developers, and marketers-we help the providers and hospitals we serve improve patient outcomes, operational efficiencies, revenue, and job satisfaction.
As a member of the MedAmerica team, you'll put your skills to work helping our providers improve the care of the 6 plus million patients our providers treat annually in over 250 practices throughout the United States. You'll have the recognition and support you need to grow professionally. And you'll have the opportunity to discover work you really love in a family oriented company that wants you to succeed.
The Director, Service Delivery in partnership with senior leadership will build a highly efficient, streamlined Service Delivery division within our Enterprise Business Operations. This is a brand new division for the company where we are restructuring Enterprise HR & Finance operational activities into a shared service model. Candidate must have experience transforming meaningful change in a large organization. This role is highly focused on gaining operational efficiencies by removing silos, organizing teams and work, creating and committing to service level agreements, and continuously evaluating programs and process flows to drive operational efficiencies. The Director, Service Delivery will initially build the Service Delivery function within the new model and then operationalize and direct the function. There will be two critical initial initiatives: 1.) Build the Service Delivery division 2.) Operations of teams, technology and structure for Tier 0, Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3. The perfect candidate will have solid experience building coupled with a passion for operating in their toolbox.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Operational Strategy (50%)
Operations and Team Management (30%)
- Operationalize the service Delivery model: Define Wave 1 and Wave 2 Service Delivery operating model for the Enterprise Business Operations organization including: service Delivery queues and channels; escalation approach; tracking and reporting of open requests, productivity, aging and response time; and management of team/team member workload
- Create process maps, workflow and operating procedures to define how the Service Delivery team(s) and resolver groups will coordinate and share knowledge regarding the status of open requests, the expected time frame to resolve open requests, and the final resolution of each open request. Draft communication on policies, business & program updates, and other organizational developments.
- Build complete set of reference documents (e.g., knowledge base, handbooks, policies, procedures, desk side system documentation) to enable Service Delivery operations.
- Direct the development and execution of the Service Delivery strategy, including: defining roles and realigning organization and talent within new structure, developing departmental goals, action plans, and measures of success to ensure alignment with the overall strategy
- Ongoing monitoring, communication, and reporting on progress of goals/ initiatives.
- Using data and analytics, analyzes complex issues and stays of abreast of industry HR trends to propose new solutions to address organizational gaps and challenges.
Client Relationships and Engagement (15%)
- Direct overall Service Delivery function, program management, and team management
- Operate Service Delivery function within the boundaries of SLAs and SOWs.
- Develops Service Delivery operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results.
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organizational values, continuously review and improve programs, data integrity and compliance.
- In collaboration with leadership team, audit SLAs and SOWs on a continuous timeline to ensure we are meeting the expectations and needs of the business
Compliance and risk mitigation (5%)
- Support management by providing advice, counsel, and decisions.
- Understand key customer and business partner needs to ensure that teams have the knowledge and skills needed to be successful.
- Ensure a productive and engaging work environment in which MedAmerica, MBSI and CEP America is recognized as a career choice, demonstrated by employee satisfaction and retention.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions. • Audit areas of risk and develop monitoring mechanisms and controls to minimize areas of organizational risk.
- Audit areas of risk and develop monitoring mechanisms and controls to minimize areas of organizational risk.
- Bachelor's Degree Required Minimum
- 8-10 years progressive growth trajectory in large organizations
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing teams in complex, high volume environment
- Track record of leading a department through transformational change. Seasoned skills to ensure successful adoption of the future state ensuring staff are highly productive in the future state where new processes and tools have been introduced.
- Strong ability to analyze, interpret and present data to leadership
- Demonstrable experience in strategic execution
- A builder and operator. You get excited about building a new function and then leading and operating the new division.
- Passion. We have a tremendous amount of work to do. You aren't scared to bring thought leadership and strategy and then roll up your sleeves to get it done.
- Curiosity. You're the kind of person who continuously asks why and what if we tried this differently. How would it work and would we break anything downstream.
- People-centric. We are vastly changing the structure of our organization. The success of our employees during and throughout this transition and beyond is critical. You are a compassionate change agent.
- Operationally strong. You bring a high level of experience building operational excellence from manual, fragmented team structures and processes to scalable, streamlined, lean team structure and technical implementation solutions.
- High level leadership experience with the ability to work collaboratively across departments
When you work at MedAmerica, you share your talents with an awesome team that makes coming to work empowering and fun. That's why our employees have voted us a Best Place to Work in the Bay Area
. That and some pretty incredible benefits:
Your Life. Your Career. Your Success. Apply Today!MedAmerica
- Competitive benefits package: Superior health plan options, best in class 401k plan (with a very generous company match like you've never seen before), 3 weeks paid vacation in your first year, tuition reimbursement policy, paid sabbaticals, and more!
- A Culture of Caring: MedAmericans not only like working together, but care about one another personally and professionally. We host fun staff activities, health and wellness programs, employee recognition programs, and so much more.
- Location, Location, Location: We are located in the Emeryville Watergate business park overlooking the San Francisco Bay -- just minutes away from San Francisco and the East Bay.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer.