Sr HRIS Support Generalist
Location: Madison, WI
Name: QTI Group
Phone: (608) 257-1057
QTI-Human Resources (QTI-HR) has a new opportunity for a Payroll & HRIS Specialist to join their team! The Payroll & HRIS Specialist provides payroll services to clients by processing and managing payrolls and bonus runs for multiple clients in multiple states, and generating various client reports as requested. Focuses on leveraging the HR system and various process improvements. This position reports to the Director of HRIS, Payroll, and Benefits of QTI Human Resources. We may be able to consider this individual to work 32 hrs/week, if interested.
QTI-HR works with organizations to build an HR foundation that helps attract and retain talent, reduce and contain costs, and relieve the administrative burden of HR. They enable cost-effective outsourcing of the administration of HR, payroll, benefits and workers' compensation. QTI-HR delivers what is needed with flexibility, responsiveness and a personal touch.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery and quality of payroll services to clients by analyzing, preparing, and inputting payroll data and processing payroll for multiple clients; coordinating direct deposit transmissions and electronic fund transfers and preparing manual pay checks; preparing related tax information; compliance with court orders and garnishments; developing and adhering to internal systems, policies, and procedures; responding promptly and thoroughly to client and worksite employee needs; and communicating effectively.
- Provide payroll information and knowledge by responding to, researching and resolving questions and inquiries from clients and worksite employees; providing expertise of payroll system and procedures; compiling required and requested reports for budget, auditing, and other purposes.
- Comply with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements by adhering to requirements, and studying existing and new legislation.
- Determine payroll liabilities by calculating and validating employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Maintain HR system applications by troubleshooting system problems and resolving client and employee set up issues; work with payroll, benefits and HR to ensure that all aspects of the database are working together correctly and efficiently; test modifications to the system ensuring that any changes are properly integrated with payroll, benefits and HR; perform year-end updates and close in preparation for the upcoming year. Effectively use the report writer tool to enhance the reporting capabilities.
- Identify systems/process inefficiencies and possible improvements on a continual basis.
- Support, maintain and develop client relationship by maintaining regular contact and establishing personal rapport with current, past and potential clients and worksite employees; visiting client worksite; identifying, understanding, and responding to needs; anticipating and resolving problems; and collaborating with the departments and companies of The QTI Group
- Maintain client and employee records by updating database and files with necessary compliance and payroll information; prepare and manage payroll schedules; maintain accurate ETO balances.
- Maintain client and employee confidence and protect company operations by keeping client, employee and company information confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by providing assistance with other payroll administration duties, assisting QTI HR as a whole as needed and participating in efforts to understand, advise and connect clients and employees so they can adapt, grow and succeed.
- Enhance knowledge, relationships and the visibility of the QTI Group of companies in the local marketplace by participating in civic, social networking and professional/technical organizations.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and webinars, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in payroll related professional organizations.
- 2-4 years' experience of payroll processing and managing multi-state or complex in-house payrolls. Strong HRIS experience preferred.
- Must maintain current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as strong customer service skills
- Ability to relate to individuals at all job levels
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Strong attention to detail, organization, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment and ability to multi-task
Since its inception in 1957, The QTI Group has partnered with organizations throughout Wisconsin by delivering comprehensive HR services, HR consulting, and staffing and recruiting solutions. QTI-Human Resources'
practice assists organizations with all aspects of human resources, from drafting employee handbooks and policies, to management training workshops, to third party investigations, to ensuring workplace practices are compliant with federal, state and local employment regulations. Through our HR Partnerships, QTI HR can help cost-effectively manage the administrative aspects of human resources, employee benefits and payroll.