Director of Human Resources
Location: Brentwood, TN
111 Westwood Place Brentwood, TN 37027
Job #: HRDCObreTN166843
Brookdale. Bringing new life to senior living.
* Assist in the development and implementation of human resources policies to meet organizational needs and comply with state and federal laws
* Facilitate and oversee human resources functions such as recruitment, new hire orientation, performance reviews, benefit administration, safety and workers' compensation administration, employee relations, and training/education initiatives
* Respond to inquiries regarding company policies, procedures, and programs
* Conduct necessary investigations on employee relations issues and advises management on appropriate resolution
* Advise management regarding hiring decisions, equal employment opportunity, compensation, benefits, and health/safety issues
* Develop, implement, and monitor the human resources department budget
* Interview and coordinate recruitment efforts and processes for specific positions as needed
* Represent community(s) in legal proceedings, unemployment hearings and workers' compensation settlements
* Analyze trends in turnover, hiring, promotions, separations, and grievances to determine support or action needed to adjust unfavorable trends.
* Train management on leadership and HR skills. Identify community training opportunities and works with Area/Regional/Divisional HRD to implement
Required skills and qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
* Five to seven years' experience in a professional level Human Resources role with managerial responsibility; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Certified Professional in Human Resources (PHR/SPHR) is preferred or desire/willingness to acquire
* Knowledge of HR related Federal and State regulations
* Strong knowledge of company benefits, payroll, and workers compensation procedures
If you're a Brookdale associate, please consider referring someone through the Good People Program!
Brookdale is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug-free workplace.
Brookdale offers a number of benefits to full-time associates including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, disability, life, paid time off, educational reimbursement. All associates, age 21 and older, are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan