Human Resources Director
Location: CHICAGO, IL
Hartgrove Behavioral Health System is a 160-bed leading psychiatric hospital dedicated to providing quality behavioral health services for its diverse population of children, adolescents and adults. As a leader in behavioral health within UHS and in the Chicago area, Hartgrove is a state-of-the-art facility offering some of the most advanced technologies and programs found in the behavioral health field. We are dedicated to our teamwork approach and provide a compassionate and therapeutic environment, as well as offering a continuum of specialty programs throughout our inpatient, partial and outpatient services.
Hartgrove is a Joint Commission accredited and state licensed facility focused on short-term crisis stabilization programs. We provide fully accredited educational programs, comprehensive Behavioral Health services, along with an array of additional services, while utilizing a holistic treatment approach.
The Hospital is seeking a full-time Director of Human Resources to oversee the HR department including a staff of one HR Generalist. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned, Senior-level HR Generalist with health-care experience. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a stable and growing behavioral health organization in the Chicagoland community. Come be a part of our winning team of professionals and make a difference!
The primary responsibilities are as follows:
• Manages the HR department of 2 and provides 24/7 oversight of the department.
• Is a member of the Hospital’s Executive Management Team and links the HR department as a strategic partner.
• Performs due diligence and resolution for all employee relation issues.
• Oversight of the full cycle recruitment process with recruiting responsibility for senior-level vacancies, as well as implementation of the orientation and on-boarding process.
• Ensures overall compliance with The Joint Commission, IDPH and all other external and internal regulatory agencies.
• Supervises all workers compensation claims and tracks injury trends for performance improvement.
• Inputting and maintaining hospital HRIS information.
• Responsible for HRIS (Lawson), Applicant Tracking system, Pre-employment assessments, and all other HR IT systems that are in place.
• Generates data and produces various monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
• Functions as the liaison between staff and the corporate benefits department.
• Is the lead person in implementing employee engagement activities.
• Lead by example and champion the philosophy of Service Excellence.
• Bachelor’s degree within Business, Organizational Leadership or related field required; Master’s degree highly preferred.
• 5+ years of Senior-level Human Resources experience, with a strong concentration in employee relations, recruitment and strategic planning required.
• 1-3 years of health-care industry experience highly preferred.
• Fluent in Microsoft suite applications along with strong overall computer skills.
• Possess an in-depth knowledge of state and federal labor laws.
• Must be self-motivated, results-oriented individual who is customer focused.
• Competitive Salary Package
• 401(k) with matching
• UHS Stock Purchase Plan
• Health, Dental & Vision
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid Vacation Time
• Much More