Director of People Operations
Location: Emeryville, CA
Help Us Enhance Patient Care Across America
The MedAmerica Team. We innovate using our diverse business, analytic, and communications skills to tackle the challenges of today's complex healthcare landscape. We reward excellence in our mission to enhance patient care across the health care continuum. We collaborate, cooperate, and celebrate our unique contributions because we know we can achieve more together than we can alone.
From our administrators and management consultants to our recruiters, data and financial analysts, developers, and marketers-we help the providers and hospitals we serve improve patient outcomes, operational efficiencies, revenue, and job satisfaction.
As a member of the MedAmerica team, you'll put your skills to work helping our providers improve the care of the 6 plus million patients our providers treat annually in over 250 practices throughout the United States. You'll have the recognition and support you need to grow professionally. And you'll have the opportunity to discover work you really love in a family oriented company that wants you to succeed.
The Director, People Operations in partnership with senior leadership will build a highly efficient, streamlined people operations team within our Enterprise Business Operations division. This is a brand new division for the company where we are restructuring Enterprise HR & Finance operational activities into a shared service model. This candidate must have experience transforming meaningful change in a large organization. This role is highly focused on gaining operational efficiencies by removing silos, organizing teams and work, creating and committing to service level agreements, and continuously evaluating programs and process flows to drive operational efficiencies. The Director, People Operations will initially build teams within the new model by working with the management team to define roles needed in the new organization, writing job descriptions, and evaluating talent with a specific focus on selecting and building support and identifying training for our current employees to be successful in their new roles. This role will initially direct People Programs and Process Management, People Data Management, and HR Compliance. This is a true HR Operations role with a particular focus on program excellence, data integrity, process improvement and HR compliance. The Director ensures objectivity and fairness for employees while supporting the Mission, Vision and Core Values of the company.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
HR Strategy (30%)
HR Operations and Team Management (25%)
- Direct the development and execution of the EBO People Operations strategy, including: defining roles and realigning organization and talent within new structure, developing departmental goals, action plans, and measures of success to ensure alignment with the overall strategy
- Ongoing monitoring, communication, and reporting on progress of goals/ initiatives.
- Using data and analytics, analyzes complex issues and stays of abreast of industry HR trends to propose new solutions to address organizational gaps and challenges.
Client Relationships and Engagement (25%)
- Direct overall HR function, program management, and team management
- Develops HR operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results.
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organizational values, continuously review and improve programs, data integrity and compliance.
- Collaborate with business partners to create and maintain service level agreements.
Compliance and risk mitigation (20%)
- Support management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions.
- Understand key customer and business partner needs related to skills, training, and organizational learning and development to ensure that teams have the knowledge and skills needed to be successful.
- Partner w/ Recruitment and Leadership Development to identify critical roles, learning, and have succession planning in place for key roles.
- Ensure a productive and engaging work environment in which MedAmerica, MBSI and CEP America is recognized as a career choice, demonstrated by employee satisfaction and retention.
- Lead engagement and wellness initiatives and programs to promote high-functioning teams.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Audit areas of HR risk and develop monitoring mechanisms and controls to minimize areas of organizational risk.
- Build an employee complaint investigation program.
- Audit current employee handbooks and HR policies and update appropriately.
- Bachelor's Degree Required Minimum
- 8-10 years progressive HR growth trajectory in large organizations
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing HR teams in complex, high volume environment
- Track record of leading an HR department through transformational change. Seasoned skills to ensure successful adoption of the future state ensuring staff are highly productive in the future state where new processes and tools have been introduced.
- Strong ability to analyze, interpret and present HR data to leadership
- Demonstrable experience in strategic execution
- Global understanding of employment laws
- Exceptional team building ability
- High level leadership experience with the ability to work collaboratively across departments
When you work at MedAmerica, you share your talents with an awesome team that makes coming to work empowering and fun. That's why our employees have voted us a Best Place to Work in the Bay Area
. That and some pretty incredible benefits:
Your Life. Your Career. Your Success. Apply Today!MedAmerica
- Competitive benefits package: Superior health plan options, best in class 401k plan (with a very generous company match like you've never seen before), 3 weeks paid vacation in your first year, tuition reimbursement policy, paid sabbaticals, and more!
- A Culture of Caring: MedAmericans not only like working together, but care about one another personally and professionally. We host fun staff activities, health and wellness programs, employee recognition programs, and so much more.
- Location, Location, Location: We are located in the Emeryville Watergate business park overlooking the San Francisco Bay -- just minutes away from San Francisco and the East Bay.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer.