Location: Kansas City, MO
Position Description: Responsible for all aspects of Human Resources within a business unit, including but not limited to benefits, employee relations, performance management, training and recruiting.
Reports to: HR Manager/Director
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
• Administer and communicate HR-related company programs, policies and procedures to all staff and respond to employee inquiries.
• Manage recruitment efforts for the business unit, including college recruiting, interns, and experienced hires.
‒ Attend local job fairs.
‒ Source experienced candidates for placement and hiring consideration
‒ Create a pipeline of potential new hires for future consideration
‒ Develop college recruiting schedules; participate in campus recruiting activities, including interviews
‒ Manage internship program; serve as point of contact for interns.
• Handle basic matters relating to employee discipline and employee relations counseling.
• Conduct exit interviews.
• Provide input into training budget; suggest training for employee development for entry level staff.
• Conduct HR-related training including New Hire Orientation.
• Facilitate employee recognition programs including employee service awards and business unit staff awards programs.
• Communicate benefit information to employees. Coordinate FMLA, STD, LTD and other leave programs.
• Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree and minimum of three years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality. Must have knowledge of database software; human resource systems; Internet software; payroll systems; Microsoft Office suite and use of common office and computer equipment. Ability to read and interpret policies and procedures. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to interact with all levels of the organization, work independently and exercise discretion and independent judgment. Must be able to work as part of a team. PHR preferred.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk and hear. The employee regularly is required to walk and reach with hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee frequently uses computer keyboard, regularly travels both short and long distances via a variety of conveyances, and occasionally performs work on-site at construction work sites. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee views computer monitor frequently.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in the office. The noise in these work environments is usually quiet to moderate in an office setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works on-site at construction work sites where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to loud. The employee is required to work in compliance with company safety policies and procedures and applicable law. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*May perform other duties as necessary or required.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor