Location: Riverside, MO
Name: Justen Schilinski
The Human Resources Generalist assists the Human Resources Manager in the compilation and maintenance of various records and reports related to the personnel function. Administers daily personnel systems such as benefits and other duties as directed by the department manager. Performs and directs a variety of personnel activities with respect to both salaried and hourly employees. Maintains relations with all employees, answers questions from all levels, helping them to develop their abilities to solve problems by promoting, explaining and supporting plant policies while improving employee interest, loyalty and goodwill.
- Assists in recruiting, screening, interviewing and performing background checks and referring qualified hourly and salaried applicants to appropriate management personnel to maintain a quality work force geared to our progressive employment philosophy.
- Assists the Human Resources Manager in planning, organizing, and presenting new employees orientation programs designed to project the plant's positive employment philosophy. Works with the Human Resources Manager to promote employee involvement throughout the plant.
- Assists the Human Resources Department on updating computerized personnel databases, in compliance with federal, state and local laws; in the compliance and maintenance of accurate service records for active employees; in the maintenance of records for inactive employees; and, in the compilation and maintenance of appropriate affirmative action reports and all other reports as required.
- Assists in developing and writing policies and procedures affecting both hourly and salaried employees, i.e., Employee Handbook, Safety Program, etc.
- Assists in making job offers to all salary and hourly candidates.
- Assists in the orientation of new hourly and salaried employees to the plant policies, procedures, regulations, safety rules, and fringe benefits including medical insurance and pension systems to assure that they understand conditions and benefits of employment.
- Monitors employee personnel transactions such as layoffs, recalls, permanent transfers, etc., to ensure all such transactions are in accordance with company/plant policies and procedures.
- Administers on a daily basis the benefits program including employee inquiries, problem resolution and data compilation.
- Monitors the performance of the Receptionist and HR Specialist as required.
- Monitors employee activities related to plant welfare such as special events, employee outings, etc.
- Assists in coordinating with other managers and supervisors effective implementation of the Human Resources Department's policies.
- Assists Human Resources Manager in work of confidential nature including administration of the salaried merit budget and other project work as directed.
- Coordinates the FMLA / FLA Leaves for all employees
- Coordinates all monthly reports for the Human Resources Department
- Assists in EEO1/Vets 100 Reporting
- Assists in AAP compliance
- Assists in the EEOC Compliance
- Assists in the Immigration Compliance
- Assists in the Investigation and Discharge Process
- Coordinates necessary training for all the employees.
- Coordinates Special Events activities for all employees and their family.
- Has the responsibility and authority to stop production in the event of a quality or safety issue
- Performs other duties deemed necessary by the Human Resources Manager.
- Performs all roles and responsibilities as defined by the BOS System Policies and Procedures
- Abide by all HSE&E requirements & completes Safety Audits as required
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources or equivalent
- Minimum of three (3) years in a similar position and a sound working knowledge of the intricacies of personnel systems. Leadership abilities and ability to provide direction effectively are required. Knowledge of Kronos, Access, Lotus Notes & PeopleSoft. Experience with Word, Excel, & PowerPoint, required.