Human Resources Manager
Location: Wilkes Barre, PA
Human Resources Manager
Wilkes Barre, PA
With a startup spirit and 80,000+ curious and courageous minds, we have the expertise to go deep with the world’s biggest brands—and we have fun doing it. Now, we’re calling all you rule-breakers and risk-takers who see the world differently, and are bold enough to reinvent it. Come, transform with us.
Inviting applications for the role of Human Resources Manager
Under the supervision of the HR Leader, aligns business objectives with employees and management in the business units they support. The HR Manager forms partnerships across the HR function to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. The HRM may include international human resource responsibilities. The HR Manager maintains an effective understanding about the business unit’s financial position, it culture, and its competition.
- Provides HR leadership to support overall business strategies in the areas of training, recruiting, compensation management, performance management, succession planning, headcount management, and employee relations and retention.
- Monitors and evaluates HR effectiveness relative to driving business results and established goals. Prepares management reports. Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with Leaders to develop solutions and programs.
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures to effect continuous improvement.
- Effectively manages the HR bench strength to achieve short-term and long-terms goals of the business.
- Maintains knowledge of industry and legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with legal department as needed/required.
- Partners with the business in implementing effective people initiatives & interventions to increase productivity, drive employee engagement and improve retention.
- Leads Performance Management processes including effective succession planning, and execution of Performance Improvement Plans.
- Manages and resolves employee relations queries and issues, including escalation of more complex situations as appropriate. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations. Partners with legal department as needed/required. Provides day to day guidance to management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Adheres to compliance terms for new hires, promotions, transfers, and Compensation Changes.
- Assists international employees with expatriate assignments, movements and related HR matters.
- Prepares and conducts presentations
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including employee relations, diversity, performance management, learning and development, federal and state employment laws.
- Strong business acumen balanced with operational orientation
- Ability to quickly identify issues to a problem/process/procedure and provide sustainable, innovative solutions
- Able to plan, prioritize, manage effectively multiple, competing priorities, and deadline pressures
- Exceptional communication skills – verbal, written, presentation, conflict management
- Strong interpersonal skills–able to build and maintain strong relationships; work with all levels
- Able to respond quickly to changing requests; strong sense of urgency
- Self-motivated with proven decision making skills
- Experience resolving complex employee relation issues
- Experience working in complex Matrix Org Structure and with Virtual teams.
Education & Certification Required:
Genpact is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or Business related field required
- Experience managing in matrixed organization structures with virtual teams required
- Experience working with a diverse workforce required
- Experience with expatriate management, visas, work permits, Global Mobility preferred
- Experience creating HR programs preferred
- Experience supporting transitions and projects preferred
- Microsoft Office skills including Word (Intermediate), Excel (Advanced), Power Point (Advanced), Outlook (Basic), Visio (Basic) required
- HRCI PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Lean Principles and Six Sigma training or certifications preferred
Genpact is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation. For more information, visit www.genpact.com
. Follow us on Twitter
, and YouTube