Sr HR Generalist
Location: New Freedom, PA
What you will do
Responsible for the local delivery and execution of core HR functions and services to employees and managers in a defined area. Performs a variety of employment related functions for the ultimate purpose of enhancing employee engagement, productivity and ensuring employee compliance with company policies.
How you will do it
- Establishes self as ‘go to’ HR person for Managers and employees in assigned areas. Develops effective working relationships with local management and employees in order to influence and coach them on effective employment practices.
- Works in partnership with local management on various employment matters including Performance Management issues, employee inquiries or complaints, as well as the implementation of company-wide HR activities such as: Ethics/Integrity Training, High Performance Culture Training, Performance Reviews, Goal Setting and Salary Planning process, etc.
- Conducts investigations and recommends actions to effectively resolve policy violations. Seeks counsel from Legal as necessary to ensure proper risk management. Elevates matters to the HR Director or other appropriate authority as may be appropriate.
- Stays current on state/federal employment laws and company policies. Shares ‘need to know’ information with managers to help improve their supervisory effectiveness and to avoid problems.
- Per the direction of the Compliance Director, prepares Affirmative Action Plans for facilities within assigned geography. Shares goals and expectations of supervisors to progress towards goals.
- Partners with HR Shared Service Center to process employment transactions (hires, transfers, equity adjustments, promotions, etc) and to acquire employee data reflecting employment trends/progress towards key initiatives or expectations.
- May deploy training to inform or assist employees/managers on job related activities, policies or best practices.
- Participates in the interview process for area openings if so requested by Hiring Manager.
- Coordinates day one activities for new employee on-boarding following a prescribed checklist. Initiate relocation if needed.
- Provides input for process/policy improvement and participates in project teams.
- Sr HR Generalist implements HR programs, processes and procedures emanating from COEs or other HR leadership areas
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 135,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Minimum 6+ years’ experience in HR generalist and/or support roles for HR Generalist,
- Must have solid human resources generalist skills, especially in the areas of talent acquisition, performance management, employee relations and, where applicable, labor law and labor relations.
- Must be able to quickly gain trust and build relationships.
- Demonstrated success at influencing and coaching employees and business leaders is required. Exceptional organizational, interpersonal and oral/written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to juggle multiple and competing priorities.
- Some travel may be required.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law
. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou