Payroll & Benefits Specialist
Location: Richmond, VA
Pay: $60,000.00 - $70,000.00 /Year
Name: Vaco - Richmond
In this role the ideal candidate will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Processing multiple payrolls and calculating wages and deductions in compliance with federal, state and local wage and hour laws.
- Process transactions including third-party sick pay, fringe benefits and 401k discretionary contributions.
- Review time sheets, wages and additional data to identify and reconcile payroll discrepancies with accuracy.
- Monitor and process the collection of administration fees, employee hours for benefits eligibility, and claim reimbursement requests.
- Handle employment records related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves and transfers.
- Manage retirement plans and benefits plans which include medical, dental, life, short- and long-term disability, workers' compensation, leaves of absence, flexible spending accounts, COBRA, etc.
- Assist with the onboarding of new stockholders and employees.
- Ensure superior customer service while acting as the primary contact for stockholders and employees for payroll, HR and benefit inquires.
Requirements for the position include:
- Experience processing payroll for up to 300 employees is preferred.
- Associates Degree preferred with a minimum of 3 years related experience in Payroll and HR duties.
- Experience processing employee group benefits programs, as well as pension plan administration.
- Exceptional customer service with the ability to communicate within all levels of an organization.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Experience within a Professional Employer Organization preferred.
This is an excellent direct-hire, permanent role with outstanding benefits, 401(k) plans and the opportunity to grow with the company.