HR Business Partner Manager
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Name: Marisol Delgado
The Manager of HR Business Partners (HRBPs) leads the HRBP Team in designing and administering proactive programs to support business growth, a high performance culture, a strong employer reputation, employee engagement, effective employee relations, and legal compliance. This role ensures that each HRBP becomes a strategic partner with business area leaders to solve problems and leverage opportunities. This role possesses a strategic mindset and is comfortable thinking a few steps ahead of where the team is now. This role achieves goals through leadership, creativity, planning, collaboration, and communication. This is a working leader role that leads the HRBP Team, but also works directly with assigned client groups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Financial - Sustains growth through financial stewardship & fiscal responsibility.
- Develops and implements operational plans (including clear goals and success metrics) for HRBP Team.
- Partners with VP, Human Resources to develop strategies that enable business goal achievement.
- Analyzes team member trends and metrics to identify, propose, and lead initiatives to close gaps or take advantage of opportunities. Works closely with business area leaders to ensure appropriate business alignment and value.
- Ensures appropriate company response and representation during unemployment hearing/appeal process.
- Responsible for appropriate management of assigned budget.
2. Customer & Community - Collaborates with customers to understand and deliver customer's needs & expectations.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with HR leadership, with other HR team members, and with all levels of assigned client groups (leaders and team members).
- Works with business leaders as part of a team on organization design and any restructuring efforts for client groups.
3. Operational Excellence - Implements strategies to maximize resources and infrastructure.
- Ensures that team member relations issues and concerns are thoroughly investigated, appropriately resolved, and properly documented.
- Serves as escalation point of contact for leadership and team members regarding HR-related concerns.
- Oversees effective administration of exit interview process and new hire interview process.
- Leads HRBP Team as HR Ambassadors for HR initiatives.
4. Team Goodwill - Promotes a culture that embraces growth & development to meet the needs of our team.
- Works with HRBP Team to advise and coach all levels of leadership within assigned client groups in the following areas: performance management, leadership development, talent management, compensation, team member relations and engagement, retention, succession planning, rewards, and recognition.
- Partners with HR areas and business area leaders to reduce risk and ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations relating to employment (such as FLSA, FMLA, ADA, EEOC).
- Responsible for performance management (coaching, discipline, performance improvement plans, and annual reviews), staffing, compensation, and development of team members.
- Plays critical role in driving company culture change efforts and change management processes.
- Models Goodwill Core Values - Trust, Collaboration, Engagement, Ownership, and Innovation.
5. Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Human Resources, Business, Finance, or another related field, preferred. High School degree or GED required.
- Two (2) or more years of prior leadership experience (project management experience qualifies).
- Customer-focused orientation with strong communication skills and the ability to function as an effective and respected partner to internal clients.
- Proven ability to lead process improvement for human capital and/or operational issues.
- Working knowledge of current state and federal rules and regulations regarding employment.
- Superior client services skills with the ability to work collaboratively with organizational teams.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple processes with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to explain difficult issues and information clearly, ensuring communication is understood.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and responsibly manage projects for superiors within the scope of professional area.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, train, and motivate others.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Valid Arizona drivers' license and clean MVR.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen, where applicable for position.
Full-Time Employees we offer:
- Medical and dental plans
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) with a very healthy company match
Become a valuable part of our team and work for a company which has been named a Best Place to work by the Phoenix Business Journal 4 out of the last 5 years. Work for a company which has seen double digit growth year after year for nearly a decade. Work for a company which values diversity and is centered on success. Goodwill of Central Arizona — We Put People to Work!
To be considered for this position, you must apply online at www.jobs.goodwillaz.org
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, gender identity, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. We will consider any reasonable accommodation and modification, including adaptive devices, to assist any person with a disability to apply for and, if hired, to perform the essential duties of the position they seek. Assistance could include help in completing on-line application as well as providing alternative communication, e.g., Braille and Large Print.
Goodwill of Central Arizona offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, career mobility, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. Join a fast-moving, dynamic organization. We're Goodwill of Central Arizona, one of the most admired companies in the state. We Put People to Work!