Human Resources Administrator
Location: Rockville, MD
Name: Sparks Group
Are you looking to kick-start your career in the dynamic field of Human Resources? This opportunity is geared specifically towards recent college grads who have obtained a degree in Human Resources (or closely related field). Though no formal experience is required outside of a degree, a high degree or initiative is required in this role, as you will be the sole HR employee on site and will serve as the go-to for the company. You will have the opportunity to work with an advanced HR consultant for HR-specific items but for the most part, you will be expected to keep the department running after having competed training. If you are independent, and highly motivated, apply today for immediate consideration!
- Administers employee health, welfare and retirement plans company-wide. Benefit programs include: 401 (k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental, income protection, short-term disability, long-term disability, workers' compensation, leave of absence, Flexible Spending (Section 125), Uniform Program, etc.
- Acts as liaison between employees, insurance providers and to resolve benefit related problems and ensure effective utilization of plans and positive employee relations.
- Provides administrative support to human resources function as needed (e.g. correspondence generation, record keeping, file maintenance, employee evaluations).
- Ensures plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and plan provisions are followed.
- Act as company liaison with staffing firms for both temp to hire and temporary positions
- Conducts new employee orientations at company to, ensure employees gain an understanding of benefit plans and enrollment provisions. Counsels employees (and potential employees/applicants) on plan provisions so that individuals can informed benefit decisions. This includes all levels of employees including executives.
- Manages annual open enrollment period during 4th quarter of each year. Arranges for distribution of materials from carriers, assists with, communicating changes to employees and arranges for on-site representation by providers. Conducts employee presentations. Processes changes within deadlines.
- Processes monthly billings for HR functions such as insurance, staffing firms, etc. Reviews billings for accuracy, codes and advances for payment. Resolves discrepancies with vendors, payroll and the company. Completes reports for management as requested.
- Acts as a resource for Plant Payroll/HR contacts to ensure their understanding and compliance with benefit and HR policies and regulations. Keeps management advised of potential problem areas and recommends/implements solutions as appropriate.
- Performs recruitment activities, interviews, and evaluates candidates for select positions. Maintains records related to same
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Human Resources internship(s) experience a plus
- Course work/seminar attendance in the benefits areas helpful (e.g. CEBS, ACA or related course work).
- Strong interpersonal skills essential.
- Good punctuation, spelling, grammar and attention to detail a must.
- Superior verbal/written skills and presentation skills.
- Must have computer skills and the ability learn job cost coding software. Must be proficient in Word and Excel.
Qualified candidates should send their resume OR call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!